My email address is the 8-letter handle I use here, at gmx dot com. Sheila Tone’s email is a standard yahoo one, and is “misshollygodarkly”
Those don’t work with some applications and systems. Here is an alternative::
My Twitter is here.
You can also find me on Pinterest, though I’m not sure if that’s going to take.
I have been listening to the works of Harlan Coben lately. On the whole, he’s a great storyteller and his novels are very gripping. My main complaint is that at the end of each standalone novel, he has one last twist that makes things worse rather than better. In two of the three cases, it’s a left-field “you were never going to guess that” sort of thing, which is fine… but one of the reasons you never would have guessed it is that the behavior of the characters prior to the revelation makes less rather than more sense. In one case, it turns out throughout the entire novel the narrator had very pertinent information to the case never affected his thinking throughout. In all three cases, the story would have been better if they’d gone with the penultimate theory of crime (or equivalent).
At a young age, Leslie quickly became a model example of bad parenting combined with mental illness and a complete commitment to drinking, drugs, womanizing and being generally offensive. Leslie enlisted to serve in the Navy, but not so much in a brave & patriotic way but more as part of a plea deal to escape sentencing on criminal charges. While enlisted, Leslie was the Navy boxing champion and went on to sufficiently embarrass his family and country by spending the remainder of his service in the Balboa Mental Health Hospital receiving much needed mental healthcare services.
Sir Humphrey: Unfortunately, although the answer was indeed clear, simple, and straightforward, there is some difficulty in justifiably assigning to it the fourth of the epithets you applied to the statement, inasmuch as the precise correlation between the information you communicated and the facts, insofar as they can be determined and demonstrated, is such as to cause epistemological problems, of sufficient magnitude as to lay upon the logical and semantic resources of the English language a heavier burden than they can reasonably be expected to bear.
Hacker: Epistemological — what are you talking about?
Sir Humphrey: You told a lie.
Hacker: A lie?
Sir Humphrey: A lie.
Hacker: What do you mean, a lie?
Sir Humphrey: I mean you… lied. Yes, I know this is a difficult concept to get across to a politician. You… ah yes, you did not tell the truth.
Hacker: You mean we are bugging Hugh Halifax’s telephones?
Sir Humphrey: We were.
Hacker: We were? When did we stop?
Sir Humphrey: [checks his watch] Seventeen minutes ago.
- on So now you are cursed from the earth I don't know enough about it, either. And I usually don't read the linked-to article…
- on So now you are cursed from the earth OK, cool. Guess I shoulda read the *linked* article. ;) Well, here's what I'd say abo…
- on So now you are cursed from the earth SFG: It's perhaps my fault for not including what Dr. X quotes below in my own render…
- on So now you are cursed from the earth SFG, From the original post: In the HBR article, the author also points out that the…
- on So now you are cursed from the earth There's one thing nobody's commented on: moderate levels of dark triad traits are use…
- on “He hated a liar and he would appreciate this.” The much-awaited event will be carried out by means of two days on Sunday, September…
- on “He hated a liar and he would appreciate this.” Ofrece la posibilidad de jugar a tres variantes de poker: Poker Texas Holdem, Poker O…
- on So now you are cursed from the earth Dr. X: I'm obviously just a layperson, but what you say makes a lot of sense. And I a…
Greetings from Stonebridge a fictitious city in a fictitious state located in a tri-state area in the interior Mid-Atlantic region. We're in western Queenland, which is really a state unto itself, and not to be confused with Queensland in Australia.
Nothing written on this site should be taken as strictly true, though if the author were making it all up rest assured the main character and his life would be a lot less unremarkable.