The Daily Mail has the scoop on a midnight raid:
[A] 10-strong team of vets and wildlife experts from the charity were joined by 20 forestry department officers and six policemen to seize Raju from his suffering in the Uttar Pradesh area of India.
The mission took place under the cover of darkness, as fewer people would be around for the dangerous rescue and the animal could be protected from the searing heat of the sun.
Raju is an elephant that was kept in chains as a tourist begging prop for a whopping fifty years. Elephants, its worth noting, are among the more intelligent and empathetic of animal species. According to the article, the elephant cried upon release.
Anyway, the article has lots of pictures.
About the Author
please enter your email address on this page.
Sky Sports reporter falls. And keeps falling and falling and falling. pic.twitter.com/j7YsD6wMSs
— Michael Spicer (@MrMichaelSpicer) December 3, 2016
Moral relativist Palpatine is easily the most interesting Palpatine.
It’s unfortunate that Lucas couldn’t follow through with this angle Because Bush.
Artistically, we’re in for a long four years.
There's been a shorthand version of Christmas for decades; why do I have to keep typing "Thanksgiving"?
— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) November 23, 2016
— Asymptotic Unlimited (@AsympU) November 23, 2016
@AsympU O had the ultimate one last night. "My new Discover Card and Visa are the same color. It will be confusing. This sucks."
— Will Truman (@trumwill) November 23, 2016
— Discover (@Discover) November 23, 2016
- on The Autocratic Failure If someone is on dialysis and is guaranteed to have 60K of health care expenses in th…
- on The Autocratic Failure transfers money from the healthier to the sicker. This mechanism is often referred to…
- on The Autocratic Failure Irrespective of whether PPACA was a policy success or not, it wasn't a political one.…
- on The Autocratic Failure Obamacare: 1) Medicaid expansion -- obviously qualifies as "the dole" 2) subsidies --…
- on Trump and defensiveness I;m nit conflicted at all. Trump is a vile buffoonish narcissistic baby, and eventual…
- on The Autocratic Failure Obamacare is for making private insurance available and affordable. Job training is f…
- on New York City? (Get a Rope.) Duane Reed never made it into NJ, but Chase is probably the most ubiquitous bank in N…
- on New York City? (Get a Rope.) Chase Bank trivia: more than 200 years ago its predecessor The Manhattan Company bega…
Greetings from Stonebridge a fictitious city in a fictitious state located in a tri-state area in the interior Mid-Atlantic region. We're in western Queenland, which is really a state unto itself, and not to be confused with Queensland in Australia.
Nothing written on this site should be taken as strictly true, though if the author were making it all up rest assured the main character and his life would be a lot less unremarkable.